[Cwgrad-announcements] Upsilon Films Looking for Screenplays

Alba Hacker ahacker13 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 2 11:42:39 PDT 2007

Hello everybody,

I have been approached by the President/CEO of Upsilon Films in LA, Felix Limardo, asking me to please supply him with some screenplays that may have merit. He is interested in reading any genre, except comedy. And of course, produce it.

Mr. Limardo is Dominican and a friend. Obviously, I bragged about our colleagues in the program. So, since I am really not equipped to judge screenplays... perhaps Prof. Russin (or any other faculty) could choose which ones I should facilitate to Mr. Limardo.

We can all decide on the logistics of how to get them to me and I will in turn give them to Felix.

I'm really excited about this! Felix just got back from the DR, where his team is building a mini-studio.

Brett Ratner, Hollywood director, (with whom I recently talked with) is involved in the emerging film industry in the DR and will have the opening of his next film (the name escapes me right now) there, rather than here in the US. He was just made Ambassador at large (an honorary position) by Dr. Leonel Fernandez, President of the DR [THIS info about Brett is confidential, please!!].

Anyways, let me know.

Alba