[Cwgrad-announcements] CRATE Release Party and Graduate Reading

kdurb001 at student.ucr.edu kdurb001 at student.ucr.edu
Sat Jun 2 13:12:50 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to add a few notes to the exciting news Gaby shared about the
Crate Release Party and Graduate Reading at the Sweeney Gallery on Thursday.
It's going to be an amazing good time. We've planned good readers, good
music, good food, and good drinks (yes, there will be wine and beer!). Plus, the
space is amazing!

And most importantly, make sure you bring ten dollars in cash or your
checkbook to purchase your copy of this years gorgeous issue of CRATE! It truly
is the best issue yet and we can't wait to share it with you.

If any of you T.A.'s (or professors) are willing to invite your students for extra
credit, and would like flyers to pass out to them, let me know how many you
would like and one of us will put them in your box. At the very least, it would be
great if you could forward this email on to them.

As Gaby said, make sure to bring your family and friends!

Thanks, and see you at the event!

Kate

SweeneyPROOFS
MFA Reading and Book Launch Party
June 7, 2007, 6-9 PM
ArtsWalk

SweeneyPROOFS is the Sweeney Art Gallery’s signature series of literary
readings.

On Thursday, June 7th, The Sweeney is proud to present a night of original
writing featuring some of the University of California, Riverside’s finest writers.
Master of Fine Arts candidates from the department of Creative Writing will read
their work in the gallery during June’s First Thursday ArtsWalk event. In
addition, the Creative Writing Department will release the 2007 edition of
CRATE, the creative writing magazine of UCR.

ArtsWalk occurs on the first Thursday of every month, when galleries and
museums in downtown Riverside stay open late and provide entertainment.

SweeneyPROOFS is a joint presentation of the Sweeney Art Gallery and the
Department of Creative Writing.

3800 Main Street Riverside, CA 92501 951-827-3755
sweeney.ucr.edu myspace.com/sweeneyartgallery