[Cwgrad-announcements] Many Congrats

Alexis Vergalla averg001 at student.ucr.edu
Wed Dec 5 19:09:28 PST 2007

  Double congratulations are in order:

  Vanessa Hua's short story "What We Have is What We
  Need" was accepted for publication
  in the American Literary Review. Send her notes of
  amazingness to vanessa.hua at gmail.com

  Also, for some alumni news, congratulations to
  Victoria Patterson (Tory to some of you)! This
  former UCR MFAer and current lecturer has a short
  story in Issue 22 of the "Snake Nation Review. The
  story is "Joe/Christina" and she wrote it in Susan's
  Workshop. Email can be sent to
  v.a.patterson at gmail.com

  Also (and this is strange to send out for myself) I
  will have a sequence (The Translucent Nature of
  Irises) appearing in the Winter issue of Diode
  Poetry online (Diodepoetry.com). Wow parenthesis.

  Alexis

August now   apples have started
                               severing from the tree
over the deck  by night their dim impact
                                        thuds into dreams

-Adrienne Rich