[Ccb_gsr_listserv] Donkey conservation project working group

Elijah Hall ehall006 at ucr.edu
Mon Oct 10 08:00:00 PDT 2022

 Hi all,

Have you ever stumbled upon a group of donkeys near campus and thought,
"What's up with those donkeys?" I certainly have! Donkeys are a major part
of the campus and surrounding community, but little is known about what
they're up to and how healthy they are. Unfortunately, there is also
woefully little information on the impact the donkeys are having on the
surrounding ecosystems.

Given the general interest in donkeys and their little-known ecological
role, the CCB graduate student group and SEEDS (Strategies for Ecology,
Education and Diversity and Sustainability) are starting a working group
focusing on local donkey ecology and conservation. We're starting the
working group this quarter to consider how best to study the donkeys, their
ecology, and where to apply for funding to begin donkey research.

If you, like me, are deeply curious about the donkeys, please consider
signing up for our working group! Please fill out this brief form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScI5vmb1sJ2pVIX2GQ-QvRA5winya5-H3llHyc3mblD0pOKKQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>
by Monday, October 17th, if you're interested.

Our plan for this quarter is to have one or two meetings to gather all of
the background information available and then plan next steps. Faculty,
grad students, and SEEDS members are all welcome. No need for an
ecology/conservation background to join, just an interest in donkeys!

Thanks,
Elijah

--
Elijah Hall