[Ccb_gsr_listserv] Student Research Gear Closet - Please Consider Donating!

Catherine Nguyen tnguy240 at ucr.edu
Fri Oct 7 10:06:30 PDT 2022

Hi all,

Please consider donating to the Student Research Gear Closet
<https://crowdfunding.ucr.edu/o/university-of-california-riverside/i/ucrcrowdfunding/s/student-research-gear-closet-g-5kfmfgkx>!
The Student Research Gear Closet connects students at UCR with the
clothing, gear, and equipment they need to feel safe and comfortable when
outdoors for scientific research or recreation. Created by the Center for
Conservation Biology grad student group and SEEDS (Strategies for Ecology,
Education and Diversity and Sustainability), the goal of the gear closet is
to allow students to bypass the prohibitive cost of proper outdoor clothing
and gear that can act as a barrier to students who would otherwise
participate in outdoor field research. Students will be able to rent
clothing, gear, and equipment for free from the gear closet and UCR's
Outdoor Excursions.

The Student Research Gear Closet will help ensure that students have
equitable access to the valuable experiences that field research has to
offer. Your donation to the SEEDS Student Research Gear Closet will help
provide funding for outdoor clothing, gear, and equipment and impact the
professional trajectory for students interested in science.

To build and sustain the Student Research Gear Closet, we are asking for
donations to our official UCR crowdfunding page
<https://crowdfunding.ucr.edu/o/university-of-california-riverside/i/ucrcrowdfunding/s/student-research-gear-closet-g-5kfmfgkx>.
100% of donations will go to purchasing and maintaining clothing, gear, and
equipment for students at UCR. Any and all donations are much appreciated!
Please don't hesitate to share this to other departments and with your
friends and family!

All the best,
CCB Graduate Students and SEEDS
--
*Please do not feel pressured to respond if this email finds you outside of
your working hours. I tend to send emails at odd hours or on

*Catherine (Thien-Y) Nguyen*
PhD Candidate, She/Her
Evolution, Ecology, and Organismal Biology
Saltzman Lab
University of California, Riverside
*tnguy240 at ucr.edu <tnguy240 at ucr.edu>*