[Bgsa] Are you willing to pay higher fees for an expanded rec center?

Carla Essenberg cesse001 at student.ucr.edu
Mon Nov 9 14:58:26 PST 2009

Dear Fellow Graduate Students,

You should have received an email sometime back (forwarded below) asking you
to fill out a survey about the proposed recreation center expansion.  This
expansion would be accompanied by a substantial increase in the fees that we
owe each quarter (although this increase would not occur until the expansion
was completed, so many of us might never have to pay it).  If you have any
opinions about this, please go ahead and fill out the survey (see the link
in the forwarded message) - it doesn't take long, and the graduate student
representative on the Recreation Center Governing Board (Mike Bell from
Botany), assures me that they really do want to hear what students think
about this proposed expansion before they decide whether to go through with
it; also, our perspective is probably pretty different from that of the
undergraduates, so it would be good if lots of graduate students
participated.

Cheers,

Carla

--