[BFASA] Invitation to Unpacking Anti-Blackness Webinar

Bfasa bfasa at ucr.edu
Tue Mar 14 14:42:32 PDT 2023

Hi BFASA,

Happy Friday! I'm reaching out to invite you all to spend your lunch hour with African Student Programs and the CalTech Center for Inclusion & Diversity (CCID) for a collaborative webinar on March 15th at 12pm called Unpacking Hate: GETTING UNDER MY SKIN-UNPACKING ANTI-BLACKNESS AND MISOGYNOIR. This webinar is focused on employing an actively antiracist praxis that requires an intimate exploration and understanding of how racism and sexism subtly affect our daily lives. What is anti-Blackness in action, and how does it impact interconnected systems of oppression? Our speaker, Tekita Bankhead, melds her health and DEI expertise to help participants intentionally acknowledge, understand, and respond to the extensive impacts of anti-Blackness, misogyny, and misogynoir. She hopes to engage the audience in a provocative dialogue to evaluate their commitment to antiracism and define tangible solutions for incremental change. Looking forward to seeing you all there. RSVP Here<https://diversity.caltech.edu/events/rsvp> for webinar link!

Onward and Upward,

Jamal J. Myrick, Ed.D.
Director of African Student Programs
Pronouns: He/Him/His
900 University Ave.
133 Costo Hall
Riverside, CA, 92521
Schedule a meeting with me: https://bit.ly/2Qupy8g

Tel: (951) 827-5750

[cid:1e206365-72c9-4b0e-ae37-e9801f49e648]

“Every moment is an opportunity for progression.”
[cid:60be4498-8e6c-4a17-ac84-311106e800a2]