[Allgsacstudents] FW: Invitation: Industry Webinar w/ Pam Marrone, PhD "Invasive Species Corporation" - Wed April 17th at 12:00pm

allgsacstudents at lists.ucr.edu allgsacstudents at lists.ucr.edu
Fri Apr 5 14:45:18 PDT 2024

UC Riverside's Office of Technology Partnerships (OTP)<https://ucrotp.ucr.edu/> is thrilled to invite you to Volume 10 of our University-Industry Research Engagement (UIRE) Speaker Series on Wednesday, April 17th at 12:00 PM featuring Pam Marrone, PhD; CEO of Invasive Species Corporation. This is a hybrid event both in person and virtual via zoom.
In Person Location: Orbach Library Conference Room 240
Lunch will be provided- for those attending In-Person at Orbach Library.
This Wednesday April 17th webinar will be co-hosted by Hailing Jin, Cy Mouradick Endowed Chair and UCR Professor, Plant Molecular Geneticist Biology.
For those wishing to attend In-Person, please go to attached flyer / QR code and click on "I'm Interested."

Dr. Pam Marrone (Link<https://www.linkedin.com/in/pam-marrone-110ab6/>) spent her 30+ year career focused on biological products for pest management and plant health, having started and led three BioAg companies (Entotech, AgraQuest and Marrone Bio Innovations (now called Profarm Group), all of which were sold to larger companies.  The Speaker Series with Dr. Pam Marrone will provide an opportunity to learn about the transformative potential of biologicals for pest management and plant health as Dr. Marrone shares insights from her lifelong entrepreneurial journey. Gain valuable perspectives on overcoming adoption challenges and driving industry change over lunch and collaborative discussions.

"Synthetic chemical pesticides used to control pests are often acutely toxic. Some are suspected carcinogens and their use have other harmful effects on the environment, humans, animals, and beneficial insects such as pollinators. Many of these chemical pesticides have not actually proven effective against the invasive species we are targeting or are too harmful to be applied to these sensitive environments.  Instead, we discover, develop, and deploy biological solutions from microorganisms and other natural sources such as plant extracts."

What you will learn and key takeaways

  *   Understanding the power of biologicals in modern agriculture
  *   Entrepreneurial insights from a pioneering figure in AgTech

  *   Gain insights into industry-university collaborations.
  *   Explore research opportunities tailored for faculty.
  *   Discover avenues to enhance career prospects for students.
  *   Dive into programs that bridge academia and industry.

Promotional Flyer and registration with QR code attached.

What is the University-Industry Research Engagement Speaker Series?
Our UIRE Speaker Series is a monthly webinar led by UCR's Office of Technology Partnerships<https://ucrotp.ucr.edu/> that serves as a beacon for faculty who are eager to comprehend the intricacies of University - Industry engagement. Learn how collaborations between universities and industry work, uncover research avenues, and explore opportunities aligned with UCR's SoCal OASIS (tm) Initiative<https://oasis.ucr.edu/>.

If you are unable to attend in person, the webinar will be available via Zoom. Please note zoom registration link: https://ucr.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEsduypqD4uGtJeTs-sHU3ptbq4-GkS_VwW

Don't miss out on this unique chance to broaden your horizons and foster meaningful connections between academia and industry!
We look forward to seeing you on April 17th!
~ Jim
Jim Llano
Associate Director, Corporate & Strategic Partnerships
Office of Technology Partnerships
University of California, Riverside
Office: 951 827-4808 | Cell: 805 264-7828
james.llano at ucr.edu<mailto:james.llano at ucr.edu> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-llano-3143959>
Website<https://ucrotp.ucr.edu/> | Newsletter<https://ucr.us16.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=c25b78da23324d3cacf19f3bd&id=22b6a398fb>
UCR OTP 2022-2023 Annual Report<https://live-ucr-ucrotp.pantheonsite.io/sites/default/files/2024-02/otp_annual_report_2023_final.pdf>
[cid:image001.png at 01DA5A9F.DAE82DC0]