[Tlc] Thao Hung Thao Cheuang epic

Tutu tphimvie at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 14:08:31 PDT 2008

Hi Jon,

I explicated Thao Hung Thao Chuang for my undergraduate thesis (1993) 15 years ago under the tutelage of Professor Keyes and Ajarn Douangdeaune Bounyavong at the University of Washington. If you read the entirety of the poem in Lao, it's very beautiful and complex. There are a lot of archaic words which I think should be revived and used in the Laotian lexicon.

I am willing and happy to share with you my research and hope that you and others will continue the research work. Right now, I'm quite swamped with work; however, I'll try to help you with what I can.

Warmest regards,  ----------oOo----------  Tutu Phimviengkham, managing editor   www.bakkamagazine.com   ----------oOo----------