[Ying-announcements] New and improved lab meeting time

Benjamin Maki benmaki1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 18:43:58 PDT 2021

Hey Shannel,

No problem at all. We chatted mainly about just general lab stuff. We
started a sheet to keep track of in lab managerial tasks (
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t8rud0lv7SRIBVQYE1ijP51-UMPErwkqnNKQGS6wJGA/edit),
and we now have an updated sheet for sign ups for presentation and guest
speakers in lab meeting (
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ntnvTXs9intkYppLYWWhej_IJG7nKzeHxVfaJNGpsxc/edit#gid=1368740478).
We usually will sign up to present in meetings to practice for
presentations for classes, conferences, and symposiums. Kinda like a dry
run to practice and handle some questions. No need to worry about that for
now, but just so you have the links. The second link also outlines our
general schedule for lab meetings. We also have a column in there for
potential guest speakers to invite to talk to the lab, so if you have any
ideas for folks you may want to invite, feel free to add their names.
That's pretty much everything that was pertinent. Oh, also we talked
parties. If you are around at the end of August  (I'm not sure of your
tentative arrival date) we will celebrate Macon and Claudia graduating!! If
you're not around, no worries, my guess is that we will have another party
to celebrate your arrival when you do make the move. We like to have
parties. I think that covers it all. I hope that this is helpful. Have a
great weekend!

Cheers,
Ben