[Ying-announcements] Safety Info + New Lab Meeting Time

Benjamin Maki benmaki1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 17:21:52 PDT 2021

Hello Everyone,

Great to see you all today. To follow up on today's lab meeting, here is a
bunch of stuff!!

1.) Since we still don't have a lab meeting time where we are all free,
please fill out this when2meet poll.
<https://www.when2meet.com/?11769331-iGfXz> Then we can go from there to
try and find a time that works for all of us!

2.) Here is the recording of the lab safety talk that we had today. I
believe that it is about 20 minutes and you can give it a listen at the
following link:
https://ucr.zoom.us/rec/share/tbJnVEMSlGDKkdM_Pi9KYfP8B9Lm-QRxQ0yPzf1NOI4J7ZmMN4-nl47gqKDZN09c.64OxfGrt8tPMoH_s

Passcode: 2DLhc*nc

I have also attached the slides for the lab safety talk and a copy of the
chemical segregation chart. Additionally those materials are available in a
"Lab Safety" subfolder in the Lab Meeting google drive, and are accessible
here
<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1i6m8SLR0kJ1jYw_RxcZUIGwLuFIY4ND5>
.

3.) Another thing to put on the grad student's + Sam's radar is scheduling
a lab clean up day. As discussed today, it may be best to have 2 or 3
different crews come in throughout the day to try and spread out the work.
I am usually free Mondays and Thursdays and would be happy to join a crew
on one of those days. I figured this could act as a thread to get us
started on finding a good time to make this happen.

Alright, that's it. Thanks y'all and have a good night.

Cheers,
Ben