[Wellnesscommunications] URGENT! UC Climate Resilience Course at UC Riverside: Please help us spread the word

Grialou, Jillian Jillian.Grialou at ucsf.edu
Tue Mar 19 20:12:30 PDT 2024

Dear Wellness Student Listserv,

I hope this email finds you well. I'm writing to you from UCSF with an exciting announcement for UC Riverside students.

We are launching the new UC-wide Climate Resilience Course,<https://www.climateresilience.online/#:~:text=COURSE%20STARTS%3A%20SPRING%20QUARTER%202024%E2%80%8B&text=The%20class%20aims%20to%20fill,self%2Defficacy%20via%20actionable%20projects.> <https://www.climateresilience.online/#:~:text=COURSE%20STARTS%3A%20SPRING%20QUARTER%202024%E2%80%8B&text=The%20class%20aims%20to%20fill,self%2Defficacy%20via%20actionable%20projects.> an innovative cross-campus class bringing world leaders in climate science, advocacy, and activism to UC students.  If possible, would you be willing to share this announcement about this class through the Wellness Student Listserv?

Attached to this email is a flyer detailing the class schedule and staff involved on campus. Please feel free to distribute it as you see fit to help spread the word. This is timely, as students are now signing up for classes. Here is a brief summary of the mission and vision of the UC Climate Resilience class and can be included in the announcement:

Do you feel anxious about the future? We are living in the polycrisis– dealing with climate change and other global stressors. Young adults today need a new set of skills for living a life with stress resilience, purpose and joy. We have created a special UC-wide class on “Climate Resilience<https://www.climateresilience.online/#:~:text=COURSE%20STARTS%3A%20SPRING%20QUARTER%202024%E2%80%8B&text=The%20class%20aims%20to%20fill,self%2Defficacy%20via%20actionable%20projects.>” ‘with a distress to action’ model across eight UC campuses for the Spring 2024 quarter.

This class will be a unique experience, where you watch some short videos of world leaders before class,

and in-person class, you will have a small group led by a faculty member or an expert mindfulness teacher. You will meet other students on your campus and other campuses, as you learn from inspiring leaders like Jon-Kabat Zinn, Rebecca Solnit, Rhonda Magee, and climate leaders.

Register now for Global Studies (GBST 190) :Special Topics in Global Studies with Juliann Allison.

Course CRN: 73798

Thank you so much for your time, and I am happy to provide more information!

Jillian Grialou, Clinical Research Coordinator, UCSF

Elissa Epel, Professor, UCSF

Jillian Grialou (she, her, hers)
Clinical Research Coordinator
Aging, Metabolism, and Emotion (AME) Center
University of California, San Francisco