[Wellnesscommunications] Send Silence Packing event - October 25th at the Rivera Lawn

Hung Wu hung.wu at ucr.edu
Mon Oct 23 14:36:57 PDT 2023

Dear Wellness Program Participants:
    UCR is proud to be partnering with Active Minds (activeminds.org), the nation's leading nonprofit working to change the culture around mental health, to bring Send Silence Packing (activeminds.org/ssp) to our campus. Send Silence Packing is an exhibit that inspires action around suicide by sending the message that you are not alone, help is available, and we each play a critical role in changing the culture around mental health. We invite you to explore the backpack display on Wednesday, October 25, 2023, from 9 AM to 4 PM, at the Rivera Lawn. Visit Behind the Backpacks (activeminds.org/backpacks), an interactive virtual experience that shares powerful audio stories and engaging, action-oriented ideas for how to change the culture around mental health on our campus. Please note the display explores themes of mental health and suicide and includes personal stories of people who have been lost to suicide. We will have mental health professionals available to speak to onsite in the event that the experience evokes distress. If you would like to avoid the display, please follow the "Alternative Route" signs on the outer edge of the display.

Below is the link to the Active Minds website:
Send Silence Packing - Active Minds<https://www.activeminds.org/programs/send-silence-packing/>

If you have any questions or concerns, contact Dr. Connie Marmolejo at  connie.marmolego at ucr.edu<mailto:connie.marmolego at ucr.edu>, or the Active Minds Send Silence Packing team at sendsilencepacking at activeminds.org<mailto:sendsilencepacking at activeminds.org>. Thank you

In Good Health,

Hung Wu, MHA
Wellness Coordinator
Human Resources | Workplace Health and Wellness | Office: (951) 827-1009 | Email: hung.wu at ucr.edu<mailto:hung.wu at ucr.edu>

UCR 2023 Wellness Health Observance Calendar and Events.xlsx<https://o365ucr.sharepoint.com/:x:/s/HumanResources/EZiTGKUSM-xKixYDxiW69WUB_29y-u6ZSgu10Wf_1-TYzw>
[cid:image001.png at 01DA05A1.2652E010]
UCR's Wellness Program for Faculty and Staff, collaborates with various campus partners and strives to build a healthy campus community and work environment. This is accomplished through the delivery of programs and services designed to prevent work-related injury and illness, to provide the tools and resources to improve health and well-being, and to foster a healthy work environment.

How did we do? Please take a brief moment to fill out the Human Resources Feedback Survey<http://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e2pt7pLaqWopqBL>