[Wellnesscommunications] Happy World Kindness Day!

Hung Wu hung.wu at ucr.edu
Mon Nov 13 10:50:19 PST 2023

Dear Wellness Program Participants:
   Happy World Kindness Day!  In a world that often seems fast-paced and filled with challenges, taking a moment to practice kindness can have a profound impact on both individuals and communities. Small acts of kindness can create a ripple effect, inspiring others to do the same. Today, I encourage you to join the global movement by performing acts of kindness, no matter how big or small. Here are some ideas to get you started:

  1.  Smile: A simple smile can brighten someone's day and create a positive atmosphere around you.
  2.  Random Acts of Kindness: Surprise someone with a small gift, a compliment, or a helping hand when they least expect it.
  3.  Donate: Consider donating to a charity or volunteering your time to help those in need.
  4.  Express Gratitude: Take a moment to express your gratitude to those who have made a positive impact on your life.
  5.  Listen: Show empathy by listening to someone who needs to talk, offering a compassionate ear.
  6.  Spread Positivity: Share inspiring and kind messages on social media to promote a culture of kindness.
  Acts of kindness can also be for yourself; the Nourish Wellness Challenge provides the opportunity to not only perform healthy activities, but they can also help be kind to yourself. If you have not signed up to participate in the challenge, please visit Nourish - Welcome (thenourishgarden.com)<https://ucriverside.thenourishgarden.com/welcome> to sign up and participate as an individual or a team of 3-5 people.
Remember that kindness is a universal language that transcends boundaries, cultures, and backgrounds. By spreading love and compassion, we can make our world a better place for everyone. Let's make World Kindness Day a day to remember by coming together to create a more caring and compassionate world. I encourage you to share your acts of kindness on social media using the hashtag #WorldKindnessDay to inspire others to do the same. Wishing you a day filled with kindness, and may it continue throughout the year. Together, we can make a difference. Thank you.

In Good Health,

Hung Wu, MHA
Wellness Coordinator
Human Resources | Workplace Health and Wellness | Office: (951) 827-1009 | Email: hung.wu at ucr.edu<mailto:hung.wu at ucr.edu>

UCR 2023 Wellness Health Observance Calendar and Events.xlsx<https://o365ucr.sharepoint.com/:x:/s/HumanResources/EZiTGKUSM-xKixYDxiW69WUB_29y-u6ZSgu10Wf_1-TYzw>
[cid:image001.png at 01DA161D.CEE49340]
UCR's Wellness Program for Faculty and Staff, collaborates with various campus partners and strives to build a healthy campus community and work environment. This is accomplished through the delivery of programs and services designed to prevent work-related injury and illness, to provide the tools and resources to improve health and well-being, and to foster a healthy work environment.

How did we do? Please take a brief moment to fill out the Human Resources Feedback Survey<http://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e2pt7pLaqWopqBL>