[Wellnesscommunications] Gravitate Towards Gratitude

Jacqueline Leslie jacqueline.leslie at ucr.edu
Wed Nov 24 14:43:33 PST 2021

[cid:image001.png at 01D7E141.A21BBE50]

November 24, 2021
To:
Wellness Program Participants

From:
HR Workplace Health and Wellness

Re:
Gravitate Towards Gratitude

Gratitude is a thankful appreciation for what an individual receives, whether tangible or intangible. The quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.

Benefits of Expressing Gratitude

        *        More positive emotions

        *        Builds stronger relationships

        *        Relish good experiences

        *        Helps us focus on what we have instead of what we lack

        *        Deal with adversity more adeptly

        *        Shifts your mind into a more positive outlook

Gratitude with Food
Gratitude is one way to make peace and establish a good relationship with food while enjoying it more. When taking food for granted, it is easy to slip into mindless eating. When eating mindlessly, you may be more like not be fully satisfied, which can lead to over eating.
In moderation and maintaining a well-balanced diet, we should be able to enjoy all foods we love to eat without feeling guilty.

Take the challenge
Download the attachment and use the prompt deck to gravitate towards gratitude around the holidays. Use the prompts in every day conversation or around the dinner table.
Play along and use the BINGO card to practice gratitude. Submit your finished spaces by emailing wellness at ucr.edu<mailto:wellness at ucr.edu>. Each 5-space row will be an entry for a raffle that will be selected December 10, 2021.