[Wellnesscommunications] Join a Healthy Campus subcommittee

Julie Chobdee julie.chobdee at ucr.edu
Tue Oct 27 12:15:46 PDT 2020

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D6AC5A.E5D194C0][cid:image004.png at 01D6AC5A.E5D194C0]
UCR Healthy Campus (HC), part of the systemwide Healthy Campus Network, is taking an integrated and comprehensive approach to elevate health and well-being at UCR. The initiative invests in improving the health and quality of life for our UCR campus community.

Get Involved In a Subcommittee - open to all UCR students, faculty, and staff!

We would like to invite UCR students, faculty and staff to serve as a member of one of the HC subcommittees. Subcommittee members will work to develop strategies, provide input and ideas, and collaborate on an action plan in one of the following areas:

*        Healthy Eating and Nutrition

*        Physical Activity

*        Mental Health

*        Built (Physical) Environment

*        Substance Use and Addiction

*        Preventive Health

*        Communications/Marketing

*        Metrics/Data

*        Culture Change

*        Anti-Racism/Public Health

The anticipated time commitment is 1-2 hours per month. Getting involved is a great way for faculty to earn service credit, for staff to volunteer, and for students to enhance their professional development. Examples of projects can be found in our Milestone Report.<https://healthycampus.ucr.edu/healthy-campus-milestone-reports>

Please visit our Healthy Campus website at https://healthycampus.ucr.edu/.

Donate to UCR Healthy Campus! Your donation will go a long way to improve the health and well-being of the campus community and contribute to building and sustaining a healthy work and learning environment for years to come. Invest in our UCR campus. Visit the UCR Healthy Campus Donation webpage<https://myadv.ucr.edu/forms/HealthyCampus> to make your contribution.

For more information, please contact healthycampus at ucr.edu<mailto:healthycampus at ucr.edu>.

Julie Chobdee, MPH
Wellness Program Coordinator
Human Resources/Workplace Health & Wellness
University of California, Riverside
1201 University Avenue
Suite 208
Riverside, CA 92507