[Ucrea] One Week Away to Support Graduate Students on Give Day

Cristina L Otegui cristina.otegui at ucr.edu
Thu Mar 28 11:21:46 PDT 2024

[cid:image001.png at 01DA8102.1D8F9E00]

March 28, 2024
To:
UCR Emeriti

From:
UCR Emeriti Association Leadership Team

Re:
One Week Away to Support Graduate Students on Give Day

Dear UCR Emeriti,

The UCREA leadership team is happy to share that the UCR Emeriti Association Give Day webpage is now available to receive generous gifts in supporting the UCREA Graduate Student Travel Award. We welcome you during Give Day on April 3, 2024 and April 4, 2024 to contribute to this worthy cause.

Purpose of Giving
Travel for a graduate student plays a very important role in their educational success. Whether it is traveling to a national or international professional society conference, symposium or workshop to present and defend research or to access resources available at another location. The UCREA is committed to supporting UCR graduate student travel and invites you to join in on this worthy cause.

UCREA Give Day Goal
The number of UCREA Graduate Student Travel Awards has grown from giving one award per year in 2021-2022 to three in 2023-2024. It is our goal to raise $5,000-6,000 in new funding every year in order to support three awards per year.

Matching Challenge

*         Anonymous donors have offered to match all gifts dollar for dollar up to $1,500. That means your gift of $100 can automatically be turned into $200.

*         But wait, there's more! Gifts of $100 or more will be matched by an extra 1 to 1 until $1,000 is exhausted.

UCR Emeriti Association Give Day Webpage
All gifts are welcome! The matching challenges will be activated on April 3, 2024 at 12:00 p.m. and to take advantage of these challenges, we kindly ask you to make your gift starting at 12:00 p.m. on April 3, 2024 by visiting the webpage at:
https://giveday.ucr.edu/o/university-of-california-riverside/i/fy24-ucr-give-day/s/supporting-graduate-students-with-the-ucr-emeriti-association-graduate-student-travel-award-nsk0srqh4

We thank you for your valued contributions to UCR!

Sincerely,

Darleen DeMason, Co-President
Raymond Russell, Co-President
retirees at ucr.edu<mailto:retirees at ucr.edu>