[Ucrea] Giving Day Webpage is Now Open: Support the UCREA Graduate Student Travel Award Fund at Giving Tuesday on November 29, 2022

Cristina L Otegui cristina.otegui at ucr.edu
Wed Nov 23 14:13:43 PST 2022

[cid:image001.png at 01D8FF45.CA29E840]

November 23, 2022
To:
UCR Emeriti

From:
UCR Emeriti Association Leadership Team

Re:
Giving Day Webpage is Now Open: Support the UCREA Graduate Student Travel Award Fund at Giving Tuesday on November 29, 2022

Dear UCR Emeriti Association (UCREA) Members,

The UCREA leadership team would like to share that the UCR Retirees' and Emeriti Association Giving Day webpage is now open and ready to receive gifts for those who wish to act early before this year's Giving Tuesday on November 29, 2022. On this international day of giving, we are highlighting the UCREA Graduate Student Travel Award in order to fund two or more graduate students with a travel award needed to attend a professional meeting or to pursue scholarly activities at other institutions and/or research sites.

Our first Travel Award went to Rebecca Kurtz-Garcia and made it possible for her to attend the 2022 Joint Statistical Meeting in Washington DC, where she presented a poster on "Alternative Time-Average Covariance Matrix Estimation Procedures." Rebecca later reported, "IT WAS SO AMAZING!...I met so many people and did a lot of networking....I learned a 'ton', got new ideas for my next research steps, made friends, and set up potential collaborations....This conference is one of the coolest things I have gotten to do in graduate school, and came at the perfect time in my professional preparation."
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D8FF45.CA29E840]     [cid:image003.jpg at 01D8FF45.CA29E840]

UCR emeriti continue to give back to UCR in various ways and this travel award initiative is one of their many ways of contributing. This year, UCR students need your support more than ever. Gifts of any amount have a great impact and make a meaningful difference. We kindly ask that you mark your calendars for Giving Tuesday on November 29, 2022 and visit the UCR Retirees' and Emeriti Association Giving Day webpage to make your gift.

UCR Retirees' and Emeriti Associations Giving Day Webpage
https://give.communityfunded.com/o/university-of-california-riverside/i/ucr-support/s/ucr-emeriti-retirees-association

We thank you for your valued contributions to UCR! Happy Holidays!

Sincerely,

Darleen DeMason, Co-President
Raymond Russell, Co-President
retirees at ucr.edu<mailto:retirees at ucr.edu>