[Ucrea] UCR Retirement Center: A Year in Review

Cristina L Otegui cristina.otegui at ucr.edu
Thu Dec 17 15:56:55 PST 2020

[cid:image002.png at 01D6D48D.3DE603D0]

December 17, 2020

To:         UCR Emeriti & Retirees
From:     UCR Retirement Center
Re:         UCR Retirement Center: A Year in Review

The UCR Retirement Center began its mission in December 2019 to develop programs, services and events to build a community of retirees and emeriti that stays connected to the UCR campus. Through educational, informational and social engagement programs, the Center remains committed to serving the needs of retirees and emeriti throughout their retirement experience. Though COVID-19 shifted the way in which we operated as a Center, the Highlander spirit of our retirees and emeriti remained strong, as we ventured into virtual ways of engaging together as a community.

A Year in Review
In partnership with UCREA and UCRRA, we have increased association membership by 21% for UCREA and 66% for UCRRA from December 2019 to December 2020. Additionally, we have expanded our outreach through virtual initiatives such as:

*       Technology Tuesdays

*       Dickson Lectures in cooperation with UCR Extension

*       Estate and Advance Care Planning Workshop

*       Two Virtual Luncheons

*       Wellness Tips and Resources

*       Reestablishment of the quarterly Tower Talk newsletters

While the highlights mentioned above demonstrate a great start to the Retirement Center, there is more work to be done and we are looking forward to it!
As a way to support the stability and development of programs and events, we have put together the Make an Impact webpage that provides information on how to make a gift to the UCR Retirement Center, UCR Retirees' Association Scholarship Fund and UCR Emeriti Association Scholarship Fund. For more information, please visit the retirees and emeriti webpage at:
https://retirees.ucr.edu/make-impact

As we look ahead to 2021, the UCR Retirement Center, UCR Retirees' and Emeriti Associations would like to take this moment and thank you for your continued dedication and contributions to the associations, UCR campus and surrounding community.

We know that 2020 has presented hardships for many, if not all, and our thoughts and well wishes are with you and your families.

Wishing you and your families a wonderful holiday season and a happy new year!

Sincerely,
Cristina Otegui, Director, UCR Retirement Center
Doug Mitchell, President, UCR Emeriti Association
Mary Johnson, President, UCR Retirees' Association
retirees at ucr.edu<mailto:retirees at ucr.edu>