[UCRDBR] Upcoming Faculty and Staff Wellness Events

Departmental Benefits Representatives ucrdbr at lists.ucr.edu
Tue Apr 2 11:35:35 PDT 2024

[cid:image001.jpg at 01DA84F1.E0110ED0]

April 2, 2024
To:
Department Benefits Representatives

From:
UCR Central HR Benefits Office on behalf of Workplace Health and Wellness

Re:
Upcoming Faculty and Staff Wellness Events

DBRs, please share this information via your internal listservs.

Below are upcoming wellness events at UCR.  Please take advantage of these opportunities for better health.

Okanagan Charter Adoption Event: Tuesday, April 30th
UCR will sign onto the Okanagan Charter in a ceremony held on April 30. The Charter is an initiative that asks participating universities and colleges to incorporate health into all aspects of their institutions and lead health promotion in their communities around the world.
There are various ways we can put this into action. One way is to review campus policies and practices with attention to health, well-being, and sustainability. Another is to ensure that services provide equitable access and opportunities for students, staff, and faculty to thrive. And, as a research university, we can contribute directly to healthy communities through our research and innovation.
More information is available on the website.<https://hr.ucr.edu/faculty-staff-wellness-program/okanagan-charter#charter>
EVENT: Okanagan Charter Celebration
DATE: April 30, 2024
TIME: 10:00am - noon
LOCATION: Hinderaker Lawn
This event is open for all to attend.

SRC: Free Month April 1st - April 30th
One Month of Free SRC Access is only available to UCR affiliates (UCR staff, faculty, alumni, and UC retirees) who are eligible to purchase membership. UCR guests and associates/spouses are NOT eligible for this product.
Take part in our group exercise classes, swim in our awesome pool, climb The Rock, get to know more about Outdoor Excursions, play basketball and indoor soccer in our MAC gym, serve it up on the tennis courts, and explore our entire facility for no added costs for entire month! We're positive that you'll like what you see, and that you'll feel better after participating in all the fun.  Click here<https://events.ucr.edu/event/free_use_days_at_the_src_2470> to view the promotion.

R'Garden: Earth Month Tour Tuesday, April 2nd 10am - 12pm
The R'Garden is a student run farm that grows fresh produce while providing an opportunity to learn about social, environmental, and economic sustainability through a food systems. The farm serves as a resource for students to be educated on the local food systems in Riverside, while actively engaging folks on the importance of having access to local & fresh produce and the importance of combatting food insecurity. It serves as a sustainability hub to promote service learning, and community-based research around food systems through student-led projects and collaborations with the campus and community.
The 2024 Earth Month R'Garden Tour will showcase the garden operations in addition to providing attendees with free fresh produce.
Click Earth Month R'Garden Tour - UC Riverside<https://events.ucr.edu/event/earth-month-rgarden-tour> for more information
Webinars
      Building Trust<https://ucr.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEqcu6sqzsvG9KvvzwF27D6ii2TepN2bOQP#/registration>
      Tuesday, 4/2 at 11:00am