[UCRDBR] March Update - At-Home Over-the-Counter COVID-19 tests

Departmental Benefits Representatives ucrdbr at lists.ucr.edu
Wed Mar 9 08:06:18 PST 2022

[cid:image002.png at 01D8338C.8DC86C30]

March 9, 2022

To:
Department Benefit Representatives
From:
HR Benefits Office on behalf of UC Office of the President
Re:
March Update - At-Home Over-the-Counter COVID-19 tests
This is an update to the previous communications<https://hr.ucr.edu/benefits-announcement-news/2022/02/16/february-update-home-over-counter-covid-19-tests> on requirements and guidance for at-home over-the-counter (OTC) COVID-19 tests that were approved by the Federal and Drug Administration.

We are providing an updated chart - Health Plan Guidelines - At-Home Over-the-Counter COVID-19 Tests<https://hr.ucr.edu/document/health-plan-guideline-home-over-counter-covid-test> that addresses the changes on how each health plan will administer the new requirement and guidance for At-Home Over-the-Counter (OTC) COVID-19 tests that were approved by the Federal and Drug Administration.

Those changes include:

*       Beginning March 4, 2022, Kaiser Permanente introduced a convenient option for participating pharmacies and retailers where members can purchase at-home over-the counter COVID-19 tests at zero cost share at pharmacy counters. Visit https://my.kp.org/universityofcalifornia<https://my.kp.org/universityofcalifornia/> > select Coronavirus Info or Coronavirus/COVID-19 > select members' applicable area or region for the most up-to-update information.

Members are encouraged to visit their medical plans' microsites and follow the banner for Coronavirus/COVID-19 or call the plans directly for the most up-to-date information and FAQs on at-home over-the-counter COVID-19 tests.