[Ucrcompteachers] 301/2 on Nov 16

gdang001 at student.ucr.edu gdang001 at student.ucr.edu
Mon Nov 14 16:42:05 PST 2005

Hi 301/2ers,

Rise has confirmed that 301/2 on Wednesday will feature
preparation and planning for 1B. The texts are the same as
last year with one addition, and Teri has copies of the list
in a lovely, shocking pink. I'll bring copies in any event on
Wednesday.

As promised, I'll make available copies of my own 1B syllabus
from Spring 2005, and I'm preparing two sample class
schedules, one for each of the two alternative readers, World
of Ideas and Writing the World [note to textbook authors -
make sure you get 'world' in the title if you want to get
published].

I hope we'll be able to cover syllabus, schedule and
assignments and have some time left for more general
discussion of underlying teaching philosophy in 1B, and I'm
looking forward to everyone's contributions.

Gordon