[Uc_mediatechs] I Need Input on Projector Selection

Erick Sprunger essprunger at ucdavis.edu
Tue Mar 7 09:08:32 PST 2006

Michael,
We've been replacing all our old Sharp 2000 and 3000 lumen projectors with
Hitachi model CPX-1200's (3500 lumens, XGA, LCD) and have been extremely
pleased.  We've been using them in all sizes of classrooms from 40 to 202
seats.  The image is crisp, clean and colors are great.  They also have a
CPX-1250 (4500 lumens, XGA, LCD) that looks really good but we haven't
gotten any of those yet.  A real plus on these units is that when hanging
from a ceiling we don't have to pull down the entire projector to get to the
filter or lamp that has traditionally been on the bottom of the Sharp
projectors.  The filter access is on the side and lamp housing access is on
the top so it's a quick maintenance job to change lamps and clean filters.

Rick Sprunger
Classroom Tech Team
UC Davis
530-754-9056

"We are all here on earth to help others.  What on earth the others are here
for I don't know"     W.H. Auden