[Statalumni] Letter of Support for the Black Study Department

Isaac Quintanilla Salinas iquin002 at ucr.edu
Mon May 16 21:37:05 PDT 2022

Hello Everyone,

My name is Isaac Quintanilla Salinas and I am a PhD Candidate at the
Department of Statistics at UC Riverside. I am writing for your support
urging UCR Statistics Department Faculty to vote YES in establishing the
Department of Black Study at UC Riverside.

Currently, UCR is proposing in establishing the Black Study Department to
help create a more inclusive environment for Black students, staff, and
faculty. For more information on the Black Study Proposal, please read this
document:

https://ucr-senate-public.s3.amazonaws.com/issues/updated-deptblackstudy-full-617b1809c18d7-.pdf

In order to establish the Department, the Proposal must pass the Academic
Senate on May 24, where UCR faculty will vote on the proposal.

A group of us believe UCR should establish the Department of Black Study
and have drafted a letter (attached) urging the Statistics faculty to vote
YES.

If you wish to add your name to the letter urging Statistics Faculty to
vote YES on the Black Study Proposal, please fill out the following google
form: https://forms.gle/7kom7Egoe2BrmH516

Please fill out the form by *May 20*.

Best Regards,
Isaac