[Sfts-students] Summer Session A Course for Undergrads

Chelsea-Mae Yuipco chelseamae.yuipco at email.ucr.edu
Mon Apr 15 10:41:52 PDT 2024

Hi all,

I hope this email finds you well!

I am teaching English 179A this summer for session A online, and I was
wondering if you could share the attached flyer with students who may be
interested? English 179A is an upper division class on the history of
speculative fiction. In this class, we will be exploring different themes
within speculative fiction like imperialism, space, zombies, climate
fiction, and the apocalypse, and we will be reading/watching texts like *The
Time Machine* by HG Wells, *Dawn* by Octavia Butler, and *The Last of Us*
(HBO).

Thank you again for your time, and please feel free to direct any students
with questions to me!

Best,
Chelsea Yuipco (she/her)
PhD student | Department of English