[Sfts-students] [SFTS] MCS 133 - Summer Course on Climate Change for Undergrads

K Persinger k.persinger at email.ucr.edu
Wed Apr 10 19:58:49 PDT 2024

Hi all,

I hope this email finds you well! I was wondering if you might be willing
to circulate this information regarding MCS 133: Mediating the
Anthropocene, which I'm teaching this Summer during Session B (T/Th
12:00-2:50 PM, in person).

The course will focus on exploring "fictional" and "real" representations
of climate change in film. As a way of framing this distinction we will
investigate the “documentary” and “science fiction” genres, considering the
role of narrative, the boundaries of the genres, and the fiction/nonfiction
binary. Some of the titles we'll discuss include: *Watermark (2013),
Necessity (2020), Wall-E (2008)*, & *Space Sweepers (2021)*. I'm attaching
a flyer with more information below.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could circulate this course listing
with any students or groups who might find the class useful. My email is
included in the flyer, and I'm happy to answer any questions students may
have :)

Thank you, and all the best,

*K Persinger*, M.A.
*they/them/theirs*
Graduate Student | Department of English