[Sfts-students] EagleCon 2023: CFP and call for volunteers

andré carrington andre.carrington at ucr.edu
Fri Jul 21 15:13:01 PDT 2023

Dear colleagues,

Coming this fall, Cal State L.A. will be convening its 10th EagleCon, a
conference on Speculative Fiction Across Media (SFAM). This event has
brought together academics, people in industry, students, and fans; UCR
faculty including Sherryl Vint, Jalondra Davis, and John Jennings have
taken part in the past years. In addition to responding to the CFP with
presentation proposals on your research and creative work, our colleagues
at CSULA have asked for volunteers who could help run the check-in desk for
the conference on Friday and Saturday. Each volunteer would only have to be
at the desk half the day and would get free registration for the weekend.
If you'd like to volunteer, you can contact Kevin Racinos at Cal State L.A.
(krecino3 at calstatela.edu).

If you choose to submit a proposal for the con, please let me know! We'll
work on subsidizing the cost of participation.

andré m. carrington

Associate Professor of English
Speculative Blackness: The Future of Race in Science Fiction
<https://www.upress.umn.edu/book-division/books/speculative-blackness>