[Sfts-students] Fwd: Call for Book Review Editor

Sherryl sherryl.vint at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 14:42:56 PDT 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jeff Karnicky <litsci-l at duke.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 at 14:39
Subject: Call for Book Review Editor
To: Josh DiCaglio <litsci-l at duke.edu>

Call for Book Review Editor for *Configurations*

Dear SLSA Colleagues,

After serving as book review editor for *Configurations* for since 2015, it
is time for me to pass the job to someone else. If you are interested in
becoming book review editor, please send an email to me (
jeff.karnicky at drake.edu) stating why you would like to become book review
editor. Please do not respond to the whole listserv. Here is a brief
description of the job. I am happy to answer any questions.

The book review editor (BRE) solicits reviews and considers book review
proposals from SLSA members. The BRE receives communications from
University presses that publish books of interest to SLSA members. (While a
few presses still mail out physical review copies, many presses have
switched in the past five years to electronic review copies).  The BRE
periodically sends out calls for reviewers via the SLSA listserv, helps
reviewers procure review copies of books, and edits reviews for
publication.

*Configurations* published four issues per year and we seek to publish
three to five book reviews in each issue. The BRE editor attends regular
Zoom meetings with *Configurations*’s editors (usually every two weeks
during the semester and monthly during the summer). The BRE editor also
serves on the board of the SLSA.

Best,

Jeff

Dr. Jeff Karnicky
Professor of English
Department of English
Drake University
Des Moines, IA 50311

karnicky.blogspot.com

“Our instruments are useless, our methodology broken, our motives selfish.”
 Jeff VanderMeer, Annihilation

----
For archives and subscription options please see:
http://litsciarts.org

--
Sherryl Vint (she/her)
Professor, UC Riverside

"Insisting on the value of what or whom you love is an ongoing act of
revolutionary refusal and creation."--Max Haven, *Revenge Capitalism*