[Sfts-students] luncheon April 6

Sherryl Vint sherrylv at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 28 15:30:29 PST 2023

Dear SFCS students,

It has been a long time since we've had an event in person and been able to
meet one another. And we have had several new grad students join us since
that time, as well as Phoenix Alexander join as the Eaton Librarian.

On April 6 English will host an open house for prospective grad students.
This will include a tour of the Eaton form 1:30-2:30 pm. Existing
students in the SFCS program are welcome to join that tour.

As well, from noon-1:30 pm on the same day, we will host a meet-and-greet
luncheon in the Library Room 403 for all current students in the SFCS
program. This will be a chance to get to know one another and to meet
Phoenix, as well as to have a chance for a hands-on tour with some of the
cool items in the collection.

I hope to see you there.

thanks,
Sherryl
Sherryl Vint (she/her)
Professor and Chair, Department of English

*"We at UCR would like to respectfully acknowledge and recognize our
**responsibility
to the original and current caretakers of this land, water, **and air: the
Cahuilla, Tongva, Luiseño, and Serrano peoples and all of **their ancestors
and descendants, past, present, and future. Today this **meeting place is
home to many Indigenous peoples from all over the world, **including UCR
faculty, students, and staff, and we are grateful to have the **opportunity
to live and work on these homelands."*