[Sfts-faculty] two talks coming up in April

Sherryl Vint sherrylv at ucr.edu
Wed Mar 20 07:49:47 PDT 2024

Dear SFTS community,

We have two talks coming up in April that may be of interest to the group.

On April 3, David Seitz will speak on "The Borg Queen on Skid Row: *Star
Trek Picard* and the Spatial Politics of Filming Location."  This talk will
be held in HMNSS 2212.

On April 25, Lucía Bennett-Ortega will speak on "Posthuman Disability
Studies: Exploring the Work of Richard Powers." This talk will be held in
HMNSS 1500.

Posters for both events are attached. Please distribute widely.

I hope to see many of you there,
Sherryl

Sherryl Vint (she/her)
Professor and Chair, Department of English

*"We at UCR would like to respectfully acknowledge and recognize our
**responsibility
to the original and current caretakers of this land, water, **and air: the
Cahuilla, Tongva, Luiseño, and Serrano peoples and all of **their ancestors
and descendants, past, present, and future. Today this **meeting place is
home to many Indigenous peoples from all over the world, **including UCR
faculty, students, and staff, and we are grateful to have the **opportunity
to live and work on these homelands."*