[Sfts-faculty] Arnold Arre's The Mythology Class gets a US edition

Weihsin Gui weihsing at ucr.edu
Tue Sep 27 09:52:00 PDT 2022

Dear SFTS faculty colleagues,

I just learned that Arnold Arre's groundbreaking comic _The Mythology
Class_ (1999) will be published in the USA through Tuttle in October.
Previously it was only available in the Philippines through local
publishers (or interlibrary loan).

This comic is a landmark / watershed work of Southeast Asian graphic
narrative and speculative fiction, being the first comic to win a national
book award in the Philippines. I taught it in a graduate seminar a few
years ago and it was an absolutely fascinating text.

Now I'm looking forward to teaching the US version instead of relying on
badly scanned PDFs!

More info here --

https://www.tuttlepublishing.com/other/mythology-class

-- Regards,