[Sfts-faculty] Klein Librarian Reception - Oct 6

Andrew Lippert andrew.lippert at ucr.edu
Fri Sep 23 15:27:18 PDT 2022

Hello All and welcome back!

You are invited to the welcome reception for the UCR Library's new Jay Kay and Doris Klein Science Fiction Librarian, Dr. Phoenix Alexander! Enjoy wine and light refreshments while you get to know Phoenix. The reception will take place Thursday, October 6 from 4 - 5:30 p.m.

If you are interested in attending, please RSVP on Eventbrite by Thursday, September 29<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/welcome-reception-for-dr-phoenix-alexander-tickets-424717169487>. For questions, please reach out to Sean Wright at sean.wright at ucr.edu<mailto:sean.wright at ucr.edu?subject=Welcome%20Reception>.

We hope to see you there!

Best,
Andrew

Andrew Lippert  (he/him)
Special Collections Processing Archivist

UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Rivera Library, Room 406a
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.4942 | andrew.lippert at ucr.edu<mailto:andrew.lippert at ucr.edu>
Department Website: https://scua.ucr.edu/

[cid:image006.png at 01D64321.ADF27C60]

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, it doesn't go away."
-Philip K. Dick; Valis

We at UCR would like to respectfully acknowledge and recognize our responsibility to the original and current caretakers of this land, water, and air: the Cahuilla [ka-wee-ahh], Tongva [tong-va], Luiseño [loo-say-ngo], and Serrano [se-ran-oh] peoples and all of their ancestors and descendants, past, present, and future. Today this meeting place is home to many Indigenous peoples from all over the world, including UCR faculty, students, and staff, and we are grateful to have the opportunity to live and work on these homelands.