[Sfts-faculty] "Science Fiction and..." Events on January 26 & January 27

andré carrington andre.carrington at ucr.edu
Mon Jan 10 19:10:49 PST 2022

Greetings, everyone:

On Wednesday, January 26, and Thursday, January 27, we've invited some
writers to join us in conversation to continue the *Science Fiction and...*
series begun last academic year. Both events will take place via Zoom, with
a moderated Q&A; note that all times are in Pacific (U.S.). *Science
Fiction and...* is a series jointly sponsored with the UCR Palm Desert
Center & the Center for Ideas & Society. In Spring quarter, we'll be
convening a roundtable event featuring graduate students in the Designated
Emphasis in Speculative Fiction & Cultures of Science.

*Science Fiction & Weirder Things with Craig Laurence Gidney*
https://events.ucr.edu/event/science_fiction_weirder_things
Wednesday, January 26, 5:00p.m.

*Science Fiction & Love Poems with Margaret Rhee*
https://events.ucr.edu/event/science_fiction_love_poems
Thursday, January 27, 5:00p.m.

Use the links above to register, and feel free to share the links above
with your contacts.

--
andré m. carrington

Associate Professor of English
Speculative Blackness: The Future of Race in Science Fiction
<https://www.upress.umn.edu/book-division/books/speculative-blackness>