[RPA-PostDoc] referral for $50k NSF I-Corps Award

UCR PostdocAssoc postdoc at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 20 14:33:13 PST 2024

*Dear Post Doctoral Researchers,*

*My name is Rosibel Ochoa and I am  the Associate Vice Chancellor for the
Office of Technology Partnerships (OTP) within Research & Economic
Development (RED).  I am reaching out to introduce our office and the
portfolio of services and resources that we offer to our faculty and
researchers regarding intellectual property, industry partnerships, and
entrepreneurship that I hope will be useful to you as you pursue your
academic career.*

*Our comprehensive support includes assisting you with protecting your
inventions via the patent or copyright process, negotiating material
transfer agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and sponsored research
agreements with industry as well as facilitating partnerships for research
collaborations.  We also have various programs that support faculty and
student entrepreneurship for those who want to explore the startup creation
process.*

*We have a team of experts in technology transfer and commercialization
that are here to support your needs and *

*I thought that it would be great for us to meet in person and have the
opportunity meet some of them.*

*I invite you to join us on Monday, February 26, 2024, at MRB Room, Seminar
Room, 1st Floor from 4-5 pm. We will provide light refreshments and cover
key topics:*

   - *Protecting invention disclosures, copyrights, and patents*
   - *Finding industry sponsors for your research*
   - *Funding opportunities for translation, proof of concept, and
   commercialization*
   - *Exploring licensing and startup creation*
   - *INNOVA’R*
   - *Q&A*

*I sincerely hope you can join use. Your presence would contribute
significantly to the richness of the discussion.*

*Thank you for considering this invitation. Please RSVP to Judy Swineford
at judy.swineford at ucr.edu.*

*About our office:*

*The Office of Technology Partnerships (OTP) encompasses Corporate
Sponsored Research, Technology Commercialization, Corporate & Strategic
Partnerships, and Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Our mission is to
protect and accelerate the translation of UCR research and discoveries to
the private sector while providing opportunities for faculty and students
to explore innovative endeavors. With a team of over 30 expert staff and
mentors, we offer an integrated approach to support research, patent
protection, licensing, commercialization, and entrepreneurial assistance.*

*Sincerely,*

*Rosibel Ochoa, PhD*

*Associate Vice Chancellor, Office of Technology Partnerships*

*Research & Economic Development (RED)*

*Judy Swineford*

*University of California*
*Executive Analyst and Assistant to Associate Vice Chancellor*

*Office of Technology Partnerships*

*Phone: 951-827-7941*

*Website: techpartnerships.ucr.edu <http://techpartnerships.ucr.edu/>*
[image: image.png]