[RPA-PostDoc] referral for $50k NSF I-Corps Award

UCR PostdocAssoc postdoc at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 6 09:36:42 PST 2024

Dear postdoc community,

Here is an email from Dr. Jay Gilberg about innovation and entrepreneurship
(I & E).

*Jay Gilberg, PhD *works on AVC Rosibel Ochoa's staff at RED / Technology
Partnerships.

Email:

______

We provide a variety of workshops, plus mentoring and financial support to
UCR faculty, post docs and grad students to explore entrepreneurship and
commercialization of their promising tech.

When a faculty or post-docs research is NSF funded, you are given
fast-track acceptance into their $50k national I-Corps program.  This
seven-week innovation workshop teaches faculty, post-docs and their grad
students how to validate the market potential of their idea via disciplined
entrepreneurship and outside-the-lab interviewing of 100+ stakeholders.

The $50k award is nondilutive and is mainly used for travel to conferences,
trade shows and other locations to conduct stakeholder interviews. My
Office assists your preparation for the I-Corp and can even provide a
qualified “industry mentor” on your I-Corps student team, if needed.

Completion of the NSF I-Corps Program will enhance your odds of receiving
funding for an NSF SBIR award.

____

Interested postdocs please *reach out directly to Jay*! His email is
jay.gilberg at ucr.edu and he is excited to hear your thoughts and will love
to chat over a coffee.

The dates for the workshop are still pending but we'll keep you all posted.

Best wishes,
--

*UC Riverside Postdoctoral Association (RPA)*
Executive Board

News, events & more on 🔗 https://rpa.ucr.edu/

Follow us on social media:

Facebook