[RPA-PostDoc] Information session about the PROMISE Academy

postdoc . postdoc at ucr.edu
Mon Jul 19 14:57:18 PDT 2021

The NSF-Funded Maryland AGEP PROMISE Academy Alliance would cordially like
to invite our UCR postdocs to *TWO* free, virtual events this summer:

   1. On July 22, 12-1:30 EST, we will host an information session about
   the PROMISE Academy
   <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/agep-promise-academy-recruitment-event-info-session-registration-160048686931>:
   a postdoc-to-faculty fellowship program for underrepresented scholars in
   the biomedical sciences, and

   1. The Summer Success Institute
   <https://promise.umbc.edu/2021-summer-success-institute/> on August
   19-20, 1-4pm EST, which is a virtual conference that provides career panels
   for doctorates, professional development, networking, and motivating
   camaraderie, particularly for underrepresented graduate students and
   postdocs in STEM fields.

First, the PROMISE Academy Recruitment and Information Session on July 22,
12-1:30 EST, will help advanced graduate students and current postdoctoral
scholars learn about this unique postdoc-to-faculty program within the
University System of Maryland (USM). Five USM campuses have formed an
alliance to provide a meaningful postdoctoral experience that prepares
postdocs for faculty positions and then *convert* them to faculty at their
fellowship institution or another institution within the University System.
Scholars must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents conducting research
connected to biomedical science (this extends to disciplines such as
psychology, public health, sociology, anthropology, etc.). Register here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/agep-promise-academy-recruitment-event-info-session-registration-160048686931>.
A flyer is attached.

Second, the Summer Success Institute has a long history of convening STEM
scholars to hear about various career opportunities with a doctorate,
network (we will have breakouts with panelists!), and gain skills and
support that galvanize you for the upcoming academic year. The theme for
the *2021 PROMISE SSI is **Making the Most of Now: Opportunities, Setbacks
& Navigating Uncertainty. *This year’s program will have inspirational
keynotes, concurrent sessions featuring panels of doctorates now working as
faculty, as federal agency employees, in industry, or as change-makers work
in science writing, science policy, and public health. There will also be a
workshop on building and polishing your online brand and web presence – an
increasingly important skill for all STEM scholars at all stages of their
careers. Register here
<https://promise.umbc.edu/2021-summer-success-institute/>. A flyer is
attached.

Please come join us and be a part of our extended PROMISE family!

Thank you!

*Riverside Postdoctoral Association (RPA)*
Exec Board

Find the RPA Agenda, Job openings & Much more on the website!

https://rpa.ucr.edu/

Follow us:

   UC Riverside     @UCRPostdoc      ucrpostdoctoral
    Postdoctoral