[pps-news] FW: New Service Awards Procedure

Gabe Nwandu Gabe.nwandu at ucr.edu
Mon Aug 10 11:05:37 PDT 2009

August 10, 2009

Dear PPS Users:
The Service Award Program has been changed effective July 1, 2009.  The
details went out to each Control Unit Contact on June 10, 2009.  The
copy of the email is provided to you as information only.  No further
action is required.

Hello All,

As we discussed in the May HRO meeting, the Chancellor will be providing
the funding for the staff service award program effective July 1, 2009.
This funding is for the service award program only, not the retirement
awards.  Retirement awards continue to be funded by the unit/department.
Attached is the process for service award gift and pin ordering that
will be effective with the July service award recipients.  You will be
considered the "unit contact" unless I have been notified otherwise.  If
you would like a list of the upcoming service award recipients in your
unit for the 2009-2010 year, please contact Mary Johnson at
mary.johnson at ucr.edu.  Human Resources will handle all payment
processing for the awards.

The Chancellor is also funding service awards and/or pins for current
staff that did not receive them at their service milestone.  The
attached spreadsheet provides the names and years of service for two
groups of employees:  1) those with 5 years or more of service as of
January 1, 2008 and 2) those with 10 years or more of service as of
October 2003 (this is the date that unit/departments became responsible
for funding).
Please review the list and

*	Determine if the employees listed did in fact receive the
appropriate service award.
*	If the employee did not receive the award, please mark an "X" in
the column entitled "Award Needed".
*	There may be instances where an employee is entitled to two
awards, please mark a "2" in the column entitled "Award Needed."
*	Return the completed spreadsheet to Mary Johnson at
mary.johnson at ucr.edu no later than June 30, 2009.

To clarify, the 5 year awards are only for those employees that were
eligible on January 1, 2008 or after.

Sue

 <<ServiceAwardsAnalysis 05 2009.xls>>  <<Gift and Pin Ordering
Process.doc>>

Sue Anderson MS, SPHR
Education and Development Manager
1160 University Ave., Suite F
Riverside, CA 92521
(951) 827-3145 voice; (951) 827-3089 fax
sue.anderson at ucr.edu

Mary Johnson
Health Care Facilitator
Human Resources | Benefits Office