[pps-news] PPS EDB Web Enhancements Meeting and Questionnaire

Roberta Nardico roberta.nardico at ucr.edu
Tue Oct 21 13:49:04 PDT 2008

To: EDB Preparers

As discussed at the last PPS User's Meeting, the University has
undertaken a project to explore the possibility of creating web screens
to be used to enter employee information in the EDB (Employee Database).
The first phase of the proposed project will begin shortly and will
focus on New Hire processing. But before we can begin, we need to hear
from you. We would like to hear about your experiences processing EDB
transactions; your impressions of the current process; your thoughts on
what would be helpful in a web system; and your thoughts on the use of
web screens rather than the current screens.

Your input is very important to us and will help direct the design of
the new Web EDB Update system. Please take a few minutes and complete
the short questionnaire by clicking on
http://128.48.203.132/proctor/welcome and answering the multiple choice
questions. Additional comments and suggestions are welcome also.

The end of the questionnaire will ask if you are interested in
participating in a Departmental Workgroup to help design the web entry
process. The time commitment will be a 1-day, 3 hour meeting to be held
on Monday, November 3, from 1:30-4:30 p.m. in HMNSS 1500. In addition to
expressing your interest on the questionnaire, it would be helpful if
you would email me directly at jasmine.mejia at ucr.edu. Participation will
be limited to a maximum of 20 EDB preparers and we would like
representatives from a wide variety of departments across the campus.
Prior to the meeting, I will send a confirmation email to the 20 EDB
preparers selected to attend.

If you are not an EDB preparer, please ignore this message.

Kind regards,

Jasmine Mejia