[pps-news] FW: Medical Treatment Facilities for Work-Incurred Injuries - Please Read

Gabe Nwandu Gabe.nwandu at ucr.edu
Fri Oct 3 17:44:01 PDT 2008

October 3, 2008

To:        MSOs, Managers, Supervisors and Departmental
Personnel/Benefits Assistants

From:    Labor Relations & Workers' Compensation Office

Subject: Medical Treatment Facilities for Work-Incurred Injuries

********************************

The University of California's mission is to provide a safe working
environment for all employees and to minimize the adverse impact of
work-incurred injuries.  In this effort we provide a variety of safety,
health and claims services for our employees.  Our goal in requiring the
reporting of incidents is to promote prompt notification of unsafe
conditions so timely and appropriate remediation can take place.

In the event of a work-incurred injury, the employee and supervisor need
to fill out an Incident Report form located at:

http://www.humanresources.ucr.edu/?content=ProgramsAndServices/workersco
mp/WorkersCompensationForms.htm

When the injured employee needs medical attention, medical treatment can
be obtained at one of the following medical providers:

PARKVIEW OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE:

9041 Magnolia Ave., Ste. 107

Riverside, CA 92503

Phone:  (951) 353-1021

Hours:  Weekdays: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Weekends: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.

After hours call (951) 351-7726

Or

CENTRAL OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE PROVIDERS (COMP):

4300 Central Avenue

Riverside, CA 92506

Phone:  (951) 222-2206

Hours:  24 hours - 7 days a week

            Transportation can be requested by calling this facility in
advance.

The Workers' Compensation policy, website, any related posters, and
other publications have been revised.

http://humanresources.ucr.edu/?content=ProgramsAndServices/WorkersComp/A
boutWorkersComp.htm

Please replace the current "In Case of an Accident" poster posted in
your department with the attached newly revised poster.

Please inform all employees in your department regarding this scotmail.
Should you have questions regarding this scotmail, please feel free to
contact Nini Furst in the Labor Relations and Workers' Compensation
office at ext. 2-4207 or via e-mail at: nini.furst at ucr.edu.