[pps-news] Benefits Office - 9/22/05 Information

Gabe Nwandu gabe.nwandu at ucr.edu
Thu Sep 22 17:12:51 PDT 2005

To:        Departments

From:    Benefits Office - 9/22/05 Information

1.        DPA meeting - The DPA meeting will be held Thursday, October 27th
at Bourns A265 from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.  We will discuss Open Enrollment
changes.  Please mark this date on your calendars.  Agenda details will be
provided later.  A+ Auto & Home Insurance Plus will be providing
refreshments, giveaways, and a door prize!

2.        Parking for Benefits Orientation - When notifying new employees to
attend the Benefits Orientation (every 1st and 3rd Friday of each month,
from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. to noon is the Health & Safety
orientation) please remind them to obtain their campus parking permit prior
to the orientation.   Parking is available in the rear parking lot of the
Human Resources building for red and blue permits.  If they do not have a
permit, they can pay $2.00 at the parking facility located between Carl's
Jr. and University Extension Center, or park in metered spaces in front of
University Extension Center.

3.        Also, it is helpful for our office if we know how many will be
attending the orientation, please encourage new employees to Create a
Profile online at http://hrtraining.ucr.edu <http://hrtraining.ucr.edu/>  so
they can sign up for the Benefits Orientation.

4.        COBRA for Separated Employees - please separate employees in a
timely fashion - waiting too long may create eligibility problems for those
applying for COBRA benefits.

Marty Hauser