[pps-news] Academic Range Adjustment for 2005

Gabe Nwandu gabe.nwandu at ucr.edu
Tue Oct 4 11:32:14 PDT 2005

October 4, 2005

To:       All Departments with Academic Employees

From:   Academic Personnel Office

Re:       Academic Range Adjustment for 2005

The Payroll/Personnel System (PPS) will be updated with the academic range
adjustments in accordance with the pay rates specified in the 2005/06
<http://www.ucop.edu/acadadv/acadpers/tab0506/tabcont.html>  Academic Salary
Scales, effective October 1, 2005.  The pay rate adjustments will be
reflected in November 1, 2005 paychecks.  This communication is intended to
inform you of the timing of the process and let you know what can be
expected.  Please share this message with those personnel in your
department/unit responsible for academic salaries.  This message has also
been sent to the MSOADM Scotmail list.

Since our payroll is processed through UC Office of the President, this
range adjustment process requires our coordination with UCOP. The payroll
system for academic employees is scheduled to be updated at UCOP on October
14, 2005.  We ask that departments/units NOT make any entries or changes to
the academic appointments from OCTOBER  6-14.  Any entries during this time
will cause the automatic salary update to reject and departments/units will
have to enter these in manually.

Departments with academic appointees will be asked to verify the new monthly
rate/amount on PPS with the Academic Salary Scales for 2005/06.  We will be
sending out another notice asking departments to verify these salaries once
the system has been updated at OP.  Offscale and above scale salaries will
also be updated during this process and may be verified with your deans
office staff once the system is updated.

Prior to Oct 6:  If you are entering in new academic appointments (effective
October 1, 2005), please use the old salary rates (2004/05 scales); these
salaries will be range adjusted through the central process.

Oct 6-14:  We ask that you NOT enter these new appointments during the
October 6-14 time period.

Thank you for your attention and cooperation.