[Physics-grads-open] Access to New Oracle Financial systems (formally ebuy)

Jennifer E Reising jennifer.reising at ucr.edu
Tue Oct 24 15:14:21 PDT 2023

Just a reminder for those of you who still need access to Oracle.

The Physics Administration team is currently assisting with the process of transitioning to a new financial system. As a result, we kindly request that you allow for a response time of 24-48 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience during this period of adjustment. We will do our best to address all urgent matters promptly. Thank you for your understanding.

How do I request orders in the new system (Oracle Procurement)?
Oracle Procurement (formerly eBuy) access will be given to PI and lab personnel (lab manager/primary requestor) during the first year of Oracle implementation.
Gaining Access to Oracle Procurement:
1.   Upload required trainings to this form and you will receive a confirmation when your access is granted: Link to upload forms <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdxd-kloBTnAV8PxSp0aqBGB-2YvAyd3UW1PGChp_4NwCw8JA/viewform?usp=pp_url>
2.   Required Trainings gain access are:
a.   UCR Chart of Accounts
2.   Oracle: Requester

Getting help using Oracle Procurement:
Oracle Guided Learning (OGL) is an add-on application that will provide step-by-step guides for processes in Oracle, resources and on-demand help within the application. OGL can be accessed by downloading the WalkMe extension onto your computer. Information on how to install WalkMe found here<https://its.ucr.edu/walkme>.

How do I find my COAs (formerly FAUs)?
Contact your Analyst and ask that they provide you with a list of your converted COAs. Account codes have been updated, frequently used codes linked here<https://o365ucr.sharepoint.com/:x:/t/BMPN-SharedDriveFTP/EQE06Js551VLjkxItNe-T4wBdD7MciYzFCEMcu9-Xuitxw?e=l08f8A>. Additional COA information found here<https://impact23.ucr.edu/chart-accounts-poetaf>, golden tree viewer found here<https://gtv.ucr.edu/>.

How do I review my available funds?
Oracle Financials (formerly UCRFS) will provide you with frequently used reports. Non-project portfolio summary report will contain all non C&G balances (e.g. initial comp funds, endowments & gifts). Prime PI summary will contain all C&G balances. Learn to generate your own reports by visiting the walkthrough here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ohmIdw5ZeIA4aPNh7HzzXNL21hguvSBZHf0276UhQqU/edit?usp=sharing>.

Request Travel Assistance and Reimbursement (Concur)
Please continue to send your requests to physicspurchandtrvl at ucr.edu<mailto:physicspurchandtrvl at ucr.edu> and one of us from the purchasing team will assist with your request. Please be patient as we are still trying to navigate the backlog of travels that came in during the black out period as well as the issues with the new system conversions.  Some of the systems have not fully been activated or are functional at the moment and we are all learning together.

Still Need Help?
Visit the following link for access to support resources, including office hours and concierge helpline: https://impact23.ucr.edu/support

Kind regards,

Jennifer Reising
Financial Services Supervisor
UC Riverside | Physics & Astronomy
3047 Physics Building | Riverside, California 92521
Office: 951.827.5033 | jreising at ucr.edu<mailto:jreising at ucr.edu>
In-person office hours:  Monday, Wednesday & Thursday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Virtual office hours:  Tuesday & Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
[cid:image001.png at 01DA068C.85602630]