[Physics-grads-open] Peer Mentorship workshops for the new academic year

Archana Aravindan archana.aravindan at email.ucr.edu
Fri Oct 13 15:10:00 PDT 2023

Hello Physics & Astro Grad Students,

We hope you all are having a good start to the quarter! We're excited to
announce the (potential) continuation of the Grad Student Peer Mentorship
organized by the Physics and Astronomy Peer Mentorship (PAPER) group. We
started to help with the faculty-led mentorship workshops in the past year
and have now transitioned to a more peer-to-peer mentorship/support group.

Over the Spring and Summer, we have organized workshops, accountability
groups, and practice sessions for the first-year comprehensive exams. We
hope some of you attended the workshops and they were helpful to you. We
are gauging interest in continuing these workshops and adding new ones to
help with your graduate school experience.

It is essential that these mentorship activities be tailored to you. With
that,
*please complete this evaluation and interest survey
<https://forms.gle/AasTwCKwQXJKNLXZ7> at your earliest convenience or by
October 20th.*
Your responses to this survey are confidential. All responses will be
completely anonymous and aggregated before being shown to any faculty or
staff within the department. Any information you provide about planning for
future mentoring activities will be used solely for that purpose. We
appreciate your candid feedback.

Best,
Archana Aravindan (on behalf of PAPER)
--