[Physics-grads-open] UC Astro Grad Student Sierra Conference 2023 (8/20-23, Yosemite National Park)

Ming-Feng Ho mingfeng.ho at email.ucr.edu
Wed Jun 21 08:07:00 PDT 2023

Hi UCR-Grads!

The Sierra conference for astronomy grad students is happening this summer
(8/20-23)! I am forwarding the message from the student PI, James Wiley
(UCSD).

If you're doing astronomy-related research (including astro-particle and
gravitational waves) and love camping or chatting with other UC astronomy
grads, mark your calendars!

The conference is about networking, sharing UC student experience, and
collaborating. It's a great chance to connect, exchange ideas, and make new
friends in the outdoor environment.

Ming-Feng Ho (Astro PhD Student)

--- Forwarded message below ---

Dear UC Astronomy Grads,

I am pleased to announce that the Sierra Conference will officially be
taking place this year from Sunday August 20 to Wednesday August 23 at
Hodgdon Meadow Campground in Yosemite National Park!

The Sierra Conference is a 55 year old tradition where astronomy grads from
all UC campuses gather in the Sierras to share their research and
experiences. It is a great opportunity to network with students from other
departments, grow our community, and enjoy the natural beauty of our state.

Registration will open on July 1. For now, please mark your calendars and
get excited for this great opportunity! For more information, visit
https://sierra.physics.ucsd.edu/.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!

Clear skies,
James Wiley