[Physics-grads-open] Upcoming Graduate Mentoring Workshop - Thurs. May 19

Tim Gburek jr.gburek at email.ucr.edu
Mon May 16 15:13:05 PDT 2022

Hello everyone!

I am forwarding the below message on behalf of Prof. Gaby Canalizo.

Cheers!

Tim Gburek
PhD Candidate in Astronomy
Department of Physics & Astronomy
University of California, Riverside
Riverside, CA, 92521 USA

Dear Graduate Students,

Please join us for the next Graduate Mentoring Workshop this *Thursday, May
19 at 2 PM in the Physics Reading Room (or via zoom - see below)*.  This
month’s topic is *“How to develop an outreach program”.    *Our guest
speaker is Dr. Mario De Leo Winkler, National Director of Public Outreach
at the Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana in Mexico City.  Dr. De Leo has
more than 17 years of experience leading international public outreach
efforts.  Several of you know him, as he worked in our department from 2014
to 2018.

Since Dr. De Leo is currently in Mexico, he will be presenting the workshop
over zoom.   We will hold a hybrid session: we will have cookies and coffee
in the Reading Room and we will project the zoom session on the screen
(with good speakers).  But if you are not able to make it in person, you
will have the option to join the zoom session directly:

Join Zoom Meeting
https://ucr.zoom.us/j/97250669165?pwd=OEdKV25PVTdUSGNRQ2NmejJNaUdkdz09

Meeting ID: 972 5066 9165
Passcode: 378093

Looking forward to seeing you there,
Gaby

PS. *Attention International Students:* We will be having a workshop on
June 2 specifically geared toward answering your questions.  We will have
an invited speaker from International Students and Scholars.   If you have
a specific topic that you would like them to cover, please use the
following link to let us know:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n6RPbSIjEow6FfxVl65yXXE0KoDmueMg/edit

Thanks!