[Physics-grads-announce] Graduate Mentoring Workshop, Thursday May 19 - How to develop an outreach program

Vivek Aji vivekj at ucr.edu
Mon May 16 19:05:54 PDT 2022

Dear Graduate Students,

Please join us for the next Graduate Mentoring Workshop this Thursday, May 19 at 2 PM in the Physics Reading Room (or via zoom - see below).  This month’s topic is “How to develop an outreach program”.    Our guest speaker is Dr. Mario De Leo Winkler, National Director of Public Outreach at the Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana in Mexico City.  Dr. De Leo has more than 17 years of experience leading international public outreach efforts.  Several of you know him, as he worked in our department from 2014 to 2018.

Since Dr. De Leo is currently in Mexico, he will be presenting the workshop over zoom.   We will hold a hybrid session: we will have cookies and coffee in the Reading Room and we will project the zoom session on the screen (with good speakers).  But if you are not able to make it in person, you will have the option to join the zoom session directly:

Join Zoom Meeting
https://ucr.zoom.us/j/97250669165?pwd=OEdKV25PVTdUSGNRQ2NmejJNaUdkdz09 <https://ucr.zoom.us/j/97250669165?pwd=OEdKV25PVTdUSGNRQ2NmejJNaUdkdz09>

Meeting ID: 972 5066 9165
Passcode: 378093

Looking forward to seeing you there,
Gaby

PS. Attention International Students: We will be having a workshop on June 2 specifically geared toward answering your questions.  We will have an invited speaker from International Students and Scholars.   If you have a specific topic that you would like them to cover, please use the following link to let us know:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n6RPbSIjEow6FfxVl65yXXE0KoDmueMg/edit <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n6RPbSIjEow6FfxVl65yXXE0KoDmueMg/edit>

Thanks!