[Physics-grads-announce] Spring townhalll

Vivek Aji vivekj at ucr.edu
Wed May 11 13:39:59 PDT 2022

Dear Physics & Astronomy Department,

All members of the department are invited to our Spring Town Hall at 3:40pm in 138 Winston Chung Hall (the colloquium slot).

The agenda is as follows:
Welcome (Prof. Flip Tanedo)
Introductions and announcements
Prof. Owen Long (incoming chair)
Staff updates (Wendi Tapia)
Dr. Jonathan Eldgridge (Academic Coordinator)
Student group updates
Society of Physics Students / Astro Club (Alexander Clark)
PADGSA (Jed, TBC)
POWUR (Liz Finney)
Committee Updates
Comprehensive Exam Committee (Prof. Kirill Shtengel, TBC)
Graduate Admissions (Prof. Laura Sales)
Undergraduate Advising (Prof. Rich Seto, TBC)
Graduate Advising (Prof. Vivek Aji)
Open Q&A
We will be taking minutes during the meeting; these will be shared after revisions and approval from the speakers. We invite the entire department to socialize at The Barn after the town hall.

Vivek Aji
Professor & Graduate Advisor
Department of Physics & Astronomy
University of California Riverside