[Physics-grads-announce] ATTENTION: Please bring laptop to the workshop today

Vivek Aji vivekj at ucr.edu
Thu Apr 14 08:51:26 PDT 2022

Dear Graduate Students,

Please join us for the next Graduate Mentoring Workshop in our series on Thursday, April 14 at 2 PM in the Physics Reading Room. Bring a laptop.  The topic for this month is “Developing a writing process that works for you”.   I am excited to announce that we will have a guest speaker who is an expert on this topic.  Dr. Benjamin Stewart works in science communications, and is currently an Assistant Project Scientist in the QMO Lab in our department.  Prior to coming to UCR, he was the Director of Faculty Development at NYU’s Expository Writing Program.

Come get some tips on writing, grab some coffee and cookies, and meet some of the other grad students in the department!

Hope to see you there,
Gaby

Graduate Mentoring Workshop Schedule
Thursdays at 2:00PM @ Physics Reading Room

April 14: Developing a writing process that works for you – Shan-Wen Tsai
April 28: Cultivating a network of mentors and collaborators/Networking for introverts – John Ellison
May 19: How to develop an outreach program/write a diversity statement - Gaby Canalizo - Note the date change
Date TBD: International students VISA, OPT etc. - Peng Wei
Vivek Aji