[Orgvpdue] News about UIA Fellow Kevin Graham

Ken Baerenklau ken.baerenklau at ucr.edu
Wed May 4 20:19:59 PDT 2022

Dear Colleagues,

Please join me in congratulating Kevin Graham, Undergraduate Education's University Innovation Alliance Fellow, on his new role as UCLA's Director of Break Through Technology in the Henry Samueli School of Engineering.

Kevin has had a significant impact on student success in his two-year tenure at UCR. Working closely with our Vice Provost and Dean of Undergraduate Education, Kevin has managed a portfolio of projects and grants that intersect both student and academic affairs. His work and leadership with the Chatbot and HEERF Grants have positively impacted first-generation students' time to degree completion, sense of belonging, and employability. As leader of UCR's Black Student Success Initiative, Kevin has worked across departments to troubleshoot and develop a mentorship program for Black students, and doubled Black student enrollment in the Highlander Early Start Academy. And as one of the recipients of a 2021 Association of Public & Land Grant Universities grant, Kevin has led a collaborative project between UCR and Apple Education that enhances first-generation students' personal and professional development via virtual internships.

Kevin's last day at UCR will be May 27th. We wish him much success at UCLA!

Kenneth A. Baerenklau, Ph.D.
Associate Provost and Chief of Staff
Interim Vice Provost and Dean of Undergraduate Education
Professor, School of Public Policy
(951) 827-1126
(951) 827-7942
Executive Assistant: Mona Nelson