[Office-of-research] List of Suspended Contracts, FAQs and Update

Bruce Morgan bruce.morgan at ucr.edu
Mon Aug 11 11:23:43 PDT 2008

PLEASE SHARE THIS MESSAGE BROADLY WITH THOSE IN YOUR UNIT WHO MANAGE AND
ADMINISTER STATE CONTRACTS

The State is continuing to suspend contracts in response to the issuance of
the Governor's Executive Order (S-09-08).  The Office of Research has
learned that Caltrans mailed their suspension notices on Friday, August 8.
We anticipate receiving the Caltrans notices early this week, which will
increase the total number of suspended contracts to 24.

In an effort to keep PIs and departments informed about the actions taken by
the State as a result of S-09-08, and to help answer some of the more
frequently asked questions regarding suspended contracts, the Office of
Research has developed FAQs and posted them to its website.  In addition, it
has posted a list of suspended contracts so that departments and colleges
may verify if any of their contracts have been suspended.  We intend to add
to the FAQs over time and will alert our clients via this list serve when
new questions and answers have been posted.

The FAQ may be accessed by clicking on the Frequently Asked Questions link
on the Sponsored Programs homepage (http://or.ucr.edu/SP/index.aspx).  FAQs
regarding State contract suspensions appear at the top of the list.  The
list of suspended State contracts may also be access from the Sponsored
Programs homepage by clicking on the Suspended State Contracts link.  The
list is provided as an Excel file.

If you have any questions regarding State contract suspensions, please
direct them to me or the Contract and Grant
<http://or.ucr.edu/home/Staff.aspx?t=3>  Officer assigned to your unit.

Bruce Morgan

Assistant Vice Chancellor for Research

Office of Research